ALERT: Recreation Centers are now open with restrictions and by appointment only. Outdoor park amenities have also reopened. Commerce City remains under the state's Safer at Home public health order. 

Park Shelters

The city is home to 20 parks, half of which have shelters available to rent for family picnics, business meetings, corporate outings, or church functions. Applications for rentals are available starting March 1 and can be rented daily from 8 a.m.-10 p.m. through October. All shelters are equipped with lights and electrical outlets.

What you Need to Know for your Park Use


Shelter fees are based on all-day use and range from $60 to $105 for city residents based on the size of shelter. Nonresidents pay $90 to $135. A $100 deposit is due upon reservation and rental payment must be made in full two weeks before date needed. The deposit is refundable in full if the shelter is left clean and undamaged.


Depending on your event, you may need a permit for alcohol or a special event. Visit either Eagle Pointe or Bison Ridge Recreation Centers to review and help complete your application and necessary permits.

Due to liability and safety concerns, private party rental groups are prohibited from bringing inflatable play structures (also called "bounce houses", "bouncy castles", etc) into Commerce City parks.

Park Locations

Application and payment for the shelter must be submitted no later than two weeks prior to desired rental date.

Trail Rentals

Doing an outdoor event that requires a trail? The city has 25 miles of trail that can be used for run/walk events, bike events that benefit the community or a non profit.

Use our interactive trail map to find the route that may work best for your event.

For trail rentals please contact Tim Moore at 303-289-3763 and allow a minimum of eight weeks for processing.

Fees must be paid two weeks prior to the rental date. Depending on your event, you may need a permit for alcohol or a special event.

Visit the recreation center to review and help complete your Trail Use Application and necessary permits.